Return Agent ($600 sign-on bonus*)
San Francisco, CA
AEZ operates nationwide, with 75 locations in 44 domestic markets, including 23 of the 25 major U.S. airports, and globally through its partnership with Europcar. AEZ operates two distinct brands: Advantage Rent A Car and EZ Rent A Car. The Company is owned by Toronto-based private equity firm Catalyst Capital.
We have built a strong leadership team of both industry and functional experts, designed new healthcare and incentive plans, and invested in organizational performance review processes.
Customer experience initiatives are a continuous focus. We re-engineered our revenue management process and ancillary sales pricing strategy to ensure a competitive place in the market. Our customer service and reservation process were transitioned to a word class call center, and we launched a company-wide customer service and feedback program geared at never disappointing a customer.
At AEZ, we have three simple goals, with many ways in which to deliver them.
- We should never disappoint a customer. We greet and treat every customer as we expect our friends and family to be treated
- We should never disappoint an associate. We show each other the respect and regard we expect for ourselves.
- We should always protect our assets. We maintain our vehicles and our spaces like our own.
Responsible for rental returns, valet (if applicable), upgrade and incremental sales, as well as rental return accountabilities, such as monitoring for empty fuel tanks, potential vehicle damage and signature on tablets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts with customers to review customer rental contract, ensure vehicle keys match rental contract, and show customers to their rental vehicles
- Upon vehicle return, conduct vehicle inspection for damage, fuel level and lost and found items, as well as review of bill and obtain customer signature
- Sells vehicle upgrades and other incremental sales products when customers arrive from the rental desk to pick up their rental vehicle
- Reviews vehicles for damage upon return, filling out the required claims paperwork (accident / incident report) in a timely and accurate manner when necessary
- Answers customer questions while providing directions when requested
- Secure all vehicle keys
- May be required to assist customers with luggage into and out of vehicle
- May be required to move vehicles
- May have to support vehicle cleaning upon return
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 year in car rental industry preferred, or relevant experience in a customer service environment
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills required
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must have the ability to manage stressful or unusual situations in order to maintain good customer service
- Must have basic computer navigation skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be willing to wear company uniforms
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have the flexibility to work day and/or evening hours, as well as weekends/holidays as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Ability to communicate in other languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese, Hebrew, German, etc.) is a plus.
- $600 sign-on bonus: half payable at the conclusion of the 90-day orientation period and the remainder at the end of 6 months.
Our benefits package goes the distance-with 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Life & Disability Insurance and more. Immediate family members are also eligible. When you join our family, we’ll help you take care of yours.
Through Insperity, our benefits and payroll provider, we offer employee discounts on products and services and wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthy selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
- Perks at Work – offering employee discounts on entertainment, travel and products/service and reward points on purchases!
- Employee Assistance Programs, including phone and face-to-face counseling on illness, marriage and family concerns, stress management, and more!
- Online health and wellness tools including, online assessment and screeners, self-help programs & health calculators
- Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7
Advantage is an EOE M/F/V/D Drug-Free Workplace. Advantage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
The ADVANTAGE is yours! Join our team, apply today!
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Advantage Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries.