Location Manager – Fleet
Advantage Rent a Car is the fourth largest car rental company in the US, serving major airports in over 40 locations. With the youngest fleet in our industry and one of the fastest growing rental car companies in the nation, our dynamic company is looking for motivated, enthusiastic and customer service oriented individuals to join our team. If you enjoy representing a powerful, innovative and trusted brand, Advantage is the place for you.
Our goal is to deliver superior customer service, respect, expertise and responsiveness to our customers. As stewards of our company, you will be responsible for awarding every customer with a positive rental experience.
At AEZ, we have three simple goals, with many ways in which to deliver them.
- We should never disappoint a customer. We greet and treat every customer as we expect our friends and family to be treated
- We should never disappoint an associate. We show each other the respect and regard we expect for ourselves.
- We should always protect our assets. We maintain our vehicles and our spaces like our own.
Responsible for managing all operational areas, as well as back of house activities, fleet and / or distribution within the city in support of the Area City Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Area/City Manager, leads location-based activities and provides back-up management support for City Managers and liaises with the City Manager to confirm and set daily rental rates, and communicating them to location Rental Agents
- Works with City Manager to develop forecast and rate strategy for future rates and reservations build
- Provides leadership, guidance and training to location staff inclusive of the service area (QTA), sales training, customer service, car quality, turn-backs, maintenance, in-fleeting, productivity, etc.
- Handles all escalated customer service issues, ensuring timely resolutions that are satisfactory for customers
- Ensure daily physical inventory is performed on location fleet, with the location manager performing a physical inventory of all location fleet themselves at least once weekly
- Develop and manage employee schedules, ensuring all overtime requests are reviewed and approved in advance before being authorized
- Oversee the scheduling of fleet maintenance, taking into account customer demand and vehicle need for: oil changes, tire rotation, and OEM recalls; maintain quality standards for vehicle and shuttle cleanliness
- Monitor and send weekly list of eligible vehicles for turn backs to Fleet Management Department, ensuring vehicles are grounded, inspected and in appropriate condition for turn back
- Ensure new vehicle deliveries are prepared and in-fleeted as soon as possible subsequent to delivery and vehicles are properly statused in TSD
- Ensure claims documentation is submitted properly (inclusive of pictures) within 24 hours of incident or damage being discovered and follow up on all overdue rental agreements and impounded vehicles are picked up as soon as possible after being impounded
- Ensures appropriate amount of supplies are stocked and ordered to ensure continuity of business operations (e.g. contracts, check out slips, cash envelopes, pens) and location has the appropriate amount of hand written contracts in stock (in preparation for system outages)
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; some college preferred or equivalent
- Minimum one year management experience and one year sales/service experience in travel, retail, or hospitality
- Demonstrated sales record and understanding of management to achieve a best practices performance environment
- Analytical skills that diagnose numerical trends and target root causes of below standard performance
- Ability to organize and express ideas and information clearly and accurately utilizing excellent communication skills both face to face and written
- Ability to perform data entry and computer entry tasks, excellent administrative, organizational skills including excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment to effectively manage stressful and challenging situations
- A valid driver’s license, be 21 years old with an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have the flexibility to work day and/or evening hours, as well as weekends/holidays as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Ability to communicate in other languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese, Hebrew, German, etc.) is a plus.
Our benefits package goes the distance-with 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Life & Disability Insurance and more. Immediate family members are also eligible. When you join our family, we’ll help you take care of yours.
Additional Benefits: Through Insperity, our benefits and payroll provider, we offer employee discounts on products and services and wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthy selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
- Perks at Work – offering employee discounts on entertainment, travel and products/service and reward points on purchases!
- Employee Assistance Programs, including phone and face-to-face counseling on illness, marriage and family concerns, stress management, and more!
- Online health and wellness tools including, online assessment and screeners, self-help programs & health calculators
- Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7
Advantage is an EOE M/F/V/D Drug-Free Workplace. Advantage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
The ADVANTAGE is yours! Join our team, apply today!
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Advantage Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries.