Vehicle Service Agent
Advantage Rent a Car is the fourth largest car rental company in the US, serving major airports in over 40 locations. With the youngest fleet in our industry and one of the fastest growing rental car companies in the nation, our dynamic company is looking for motivated, enthusiastic and customer service oriented individuals to join our team. If you enjoy representing a powerful, innovative and trusted brand, Advantage is the place for you.
Our goal is to deliver superior customer service, respect, expertise and responsiveness to our customers. As stewards of our company, you will be responsible for awarding every customer with a positive rental experience.
At AEZ, we have three simple goals, with many ways in which to deliver them.
- We should never disappoint a customer. We greet and treat every customer as we expect our friends and family to be treated
- We should never disappoint an associate. We show each other the respect and regard we expect for ourselves.
- We should always protect our assets. We maintain our vehicles and our spaces like our own.
Responsible for cleaning returned vehicles in alignment with company quality standards and ensuring they’re ready for active use in the fleet, while supporting vehicle returns if and when required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Individually, or as part of a team, cleans returned rental vehicles in preparation for return to active use in the fleet, including vacuuming seats and floors, wiping dashes, cleaning windows, and running the vehicle through the car wash or washing vehicles by hand
- Identifies any additional vehicle damage that may have been missed by the Return / Kiosk Agent
- Tops up washer fluid and refills gas tank, ensuring customers receive a rental vehicle full of fuel
- Performs tire inspections, checking pressure and topping up with air if/when required
- Follows child seat rental policy and procedure, ensuring child seats are cleaned and maintained for a rental use
- When required, supports the movement and transfer of rental vehicles to and from the fleet parking lot to the rental “ready line”
- Required to turn in any lost and found item found when cleaning the vehicle
- Ensure work environment is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion, in support of health and safety practices
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 year car rental industry preferred, some vehicle detailing experience required
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must have the ability to manage stressful or unusual situations in order to maintain good customer service
- Must have basic computer navigation skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be willing to wear company uniforms
- Must be at least 21 years old and be able to pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (i.e. no more than 2 moving violations within the last 2 years and no DWI/DUI’s, suspensions and/or “at fault” accidents within the last 2 years).
- Must have the flexibility to work day and/or evening hours, as well as weekends/holidays as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Our benefits package goes the distance-with 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Life & Disability Insurance and more. Immediate family members are also eligible. When you join our family, we’ll help you take care of yours.
Additional Benefits: Through Insperity, our benefits and payroll provider, we offer employee discounts on products and services and wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthy selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
- Perks at Work – offering employee discounts on entertainment, travel and products/service and reward points on purchases!
- Employee Assistance Programs, including phone and face-to-face counseling on illness, marriage and family concerns, stress management, and more!
- Online health and wellness tools including, online assessment and screeners, self-help programs & health calculators
- Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7
Advantage is an EOE M/F/V/D Drug-Free Workplace. Advantage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
The ADVANTAGE is yours! Join our team, apply today!
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Advantage Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries.