Accounts Payable Manager
Advantage Rent a Car is the fourth largest car rental company in the US, serving major airports in over 40 locations. With the youngest fleet in our industry and one of the fastest growing rental car companies in the nation, our dynamic company is looking for motivated, enthusiastic and customer service oriented individuals to join our team. If you enjoy representing a powerful, innovative and trusted brand, Advantage is the place for you.
Our goal is to deliver superior customer service, respect, expertise and responsiveness to our customers. As stewards of our company, you will be responsible for awarding every customer with a positive rental experience.
We are looking for a full-time Accounts Payable Manager to be a part of our Finance and Accounting team. As an Accounts Payable Manager, you’ll be reporting directly to the VP Controller, supervising the daily operations and activities of the corporate accounts payable department.
The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled finance professional who will be responsible for resolving issues and/or questions relating to invoices and bill paying from vendors and internal departments. You will also be responsible for monitoring of internal control standards and the development of analytical reports to support daily operations, provide appropriate audit information for all payable transactions; and to ensure integrity of departmental work.
This individual must be able to assess operational issues and take a situation from chaos to order. Competing priorities should not be a barrier for this person but a motivator. A person who thrives in a turnaround situation and possesses inherent resilience is an ideal candidate.
To be successful in this role, you must be an individual who can lead department efficiencies, maintain strong internal controls over accounts payable processes and provide excellent customer service to internal and external parties ensuring that all vendors are timely and accurately paid according to agreed payment terms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all accounts payable functions: – including monitoring payments, reviewing bank account reconciliations on payment runs, ensuring payments are properly executed, and payment failures are identified.
- Manage a team of AP specialist, to insure timely management and accuracy of payments.
- Provide problem and invoice resolution assistance to vendors and internal company personnel with tact and diplomacy; act as a liaison between departments, vendors and our Field organization
- Ensure compliance of all accounts payable policies and controls
- Be proactive and identify areas in need of improvement and take action to implement process improvements when appropriate to increase overall department capacity
- Provide effective and timely follow through with internal and external inquiries
- Oversee vendor account discrepancies; identify and implement corrective actions
- Responsible for audit processes in accordance with policies and procedures
- Negotiate payment terms and payments schedules with vendors.
- Maintain new vendor setup.
- Review and verify W-9 for new vendor setup. Obtain and verify the new vendor W-9 against IRS website. File W-9’s.
- Routinely perform periodic audits to ensure that invoices have been processed accurately and paid within terms.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
- 5 years of experience in accounts payable in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills with proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines in a high energy and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leading mid-size teams and providing real time coaching and feedback
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, hands on style, strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, with the flexibility to adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals, in a diverse and complex environment.
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have the flexibility to work day and/or evening hours, as well as weekends/holidays as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Our benefits package goes the distance-with 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Life & Disability Insurance and more. Immediate family members are also eligible. When you join our family, we’ll help you take care of yours.
Additional Benefits: Through Insperity, our benefits and payroll provider, we offer employee discounts on products and services and wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthy selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
- Perks at Work – offering employee discounts on entertainment, travel and products/service and reward points on purchases!
- Employee Assistance Programs, including phone and face-to-face counseling on illness, marriage and family concerns, stress management, and more!
- Online health and wellness tools including, online assessment and screeners, self-help programs & health calculators
- Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7
Advantage is an EOE M/F/V/D Drug-Free Workplace. Advantage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
The ADVANTAGE is yours! Join our team, apply today!
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Advantage Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries.