Service Desk Analyst – Tier II
Advantage Rent a Car is the fourth largest car rental company in the US, serving major airports in over 40 locations. With the youngest fleet in our industry and one of the fastest growing rental car companies in the nation, our dynamic company is looking for motivated, enthusiastic and customer service oriented individuals to join our team. If you enjoy representing a powerful, innovative and trusted brand, Advantage is the place for you.
Our goal is to deliver superior customer service, respect, expertise and responsiveness to our customers. As stewards of our company, you will be responsible for awarding every customer with a positive rental experience.
Dynamic and resourceful I.T. support professional, with a dedication to customer satisfaction and creative problem solving. Provides remote support to users with technical problems and information technology needs involving enterprise software systems, workstation and laptop computers, handheld and mobility devices, print/fax/copy, telecom and network services in a highly-distributed national organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the first-line of technical support via telephone, email and remote-connect methods for hardware, network, systems, and software applications for internal/external customers, including support of the following technologies:
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Networking (cabling, routing, switching, DNS, Wifi, carriers, etc.)
- Print/fax/copy devices, including supply management
- Mobile phones and networks
- Handheld, peripheral and POS devices
- Line-of-business software applications
- Operating system and productivity applications (Microsoft Windows, Office, browsers)
- User authentication and account issues, such as password resets
- Logs all customer contacts in Advantage’s ticketing system, following standard desk-level procedures.
- Identifies, researches and follows customer issues and questions through to fastest possible resolution, using all available resources (knowledge base, diagnostic tools, vendors, Internet research, support forums, I.T. team knowledge, etc.).
- Measures, reports-on and strives to continually improve Incident Resolution Time and other customer satisfaction KPIs.
- Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention to 2nd/3rd-level support resources, and/or vendors.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify recurring problems, investigate root causes and recommend and implement solutions to prevent common failures.
- Continually improves and extends the Advantage knowledge base with documentation, examples and process refinements.
- Provisions desktop, laptop and mobile devices for new users.
- Assists in equipment provisioning for new facilities and network build-outs.
- Maintains accurate inventory records and participates in I.T. asset lifecycle processes.
- Rapidly responds to emergency situations, both during and outside of normal business hours.
- Participates in the Change Control process.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and related experience is preferred.
- One or more years of relevant work experience in a technical analytical position responsible for supporting users with technical problems and information technology needs.
- A+, MCP, Dell or other industry identified certifications are a plus, but not required.
- Recent, relevant experience supporting hardware for workstations, laptops and peripheral devices, network troubleshooting, Windows operating systems, web-based applications, and productivity applications such as Microsoft Office and Internet browsers.
- Understanding of client/server, routing and Internet concepts and techniques.
- Ability to provide an excellent customer service experience, resulting in high customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Bomgar and/or Dell KACE a plus.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Macintosh technical support a plus.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Availability to work after hours and/or weekends and on-call, as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years old and be able to pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (i.e. no more than 2 moving violations within the last 2 years and no DWI/DUI’s, suspensions and/or “at fault” accidents within the last 2 years)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Our benefits package goes the distance-with 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Life & Disability Insurance and more. Immediate family members are also eligible. When you join our family, we’ll help you take care of yours.
Additional Benefits: Through Insperity, our benefits and payroll provider, we offer employee discounts on products and services and wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthy selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
- Perks at Work – offering employee discounts on entertainment, travel and products/service and reward points on purchases!
- Employee Assistance Programs, including phone and face-to-face counseling on illness, marriage and family concerns, stress management, and more!
- Online health and wellness tools including, online assessment and screeners, self-help programs & health calculators
- Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7
Advantage is an EOE M/F/V/D Drug-Free Workplace. Advantage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
The ADVANTAGE is yours! Join our team, apply today!
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Advantage Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries.