Shift Lead Car Rental
Advantage Rent a Car is the fourth largest car rental company in the US, serving major airports in over 40 locations. With the youngest fleet in our industry and one of the fastest growing rental car companies in the nation, our dynamic company is looking for motivated, enthusiastic and customer service oriented individuals to join our team. If you enjoy representing a powerful, innovative and trusted brand, Advantage is the place for you.
Our goal is to deliver superior customer service, respect, expertise and responsiveness to our customers. As stewards of our company, you will be responsible for awarding every customer with a positive rental experience.
Responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the facility in daily operations alongside or in the absence of a manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Location, City and/or Area Manager, leads location-based activities and provides back-up support for managers
- Provides leadership, guidance and training to location staff inclusive of the service area (QTA), sales training, customer service, car quality, turn-backs, maintenance, in-fleeting, productivity, etc.
- Handles escalated customer service issues, ensuring timely resolutions that are satisfactory for customers
- Ensure daily physical inventory is performed on location fleet, with the Supervisor performing a physical inventory of all location fleet themselves at least once weekly
- Oversee the scheduling of fleet maintenance, taking into account customer demand and vehicle need for: oil changes, tire rotation, and OEM recalls
- Oversee and maintain quality standards for vehicle and shuttle cleanliness
- Ensure impounded vehicles are picked up as soon as possible after being impounded
- Monitor and send weekly list of eligible vehicles for turn backs to Fleet Management Department, ensuring vehicles are grounded, inspected and in appropriate condition for turn back
- Ensure new vehicle deliveries are prepared and in-fleeted as soon as possible subsequent to delivery
- Ensure vehicles are properly statused in TSD
- Ensure the number of vehicles undergoing routine maintenance does not exceed 5% of the location’s fleet size
- Ensure claims documentation is submitted properly (inclusive of pictures) within 24 hours of incident or damage being discovered
- Follow up on all overdue rental agreements
- Ensures appropriate amount of supplies are stocked and ordered to ensure continuity of business operations (e.g. contracts, check out slips, cash envelopes, pens, etc.)
- Monitors and maintains acceptable customer service levels and sales goals in alignment with company standards
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 – 3 years rental car experience or relevant supervisory experience
- Experience leading, meeting sales quotas and/or working in highly commissioned positions preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills required
- Ability to follow incentivized sales program
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must have the ability to manage stressful or unusual situations in order to maintain good customer service
- Must have basic computer navigation skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be willing to wear company uniforms
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have the flexibility to work day and/or evening hours, as well as weekends/holidays as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Ability to communicate in other languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese, Hebrew, German, etc.) is a plus
Our benefits package goes the distance-with 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Life & Disability Insurance and more. Immediate family members are also eligible. When you join our family, we’ll help you take care of yours.
Additional Benefits: Through Insperity, our benefits and payroll provider, we offer employee discounts on products and services and wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthy selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
- Perks at Work – offering employee discounts on entertainment, travel and products/service and reward points on purchases!
- Employee Assistance Programs, including phone and face-to-face counseling on illness, marriage and family concerns, stress management, and more!
- Online health and wellness tools including, online assessment and screeners, self-help programs & health calculators
- Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7
Advantage is an EOE M/F/V/D Drug-Free Workplace. Advantage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
The ADVANTAGE is yours! Join our team, apply today!
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Advantage Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries.